Academic Enrichment Program
The Kate Chegwin Academic Enrichment Program offers a respected learning experience providing a rich curriculum focused on higher order thinking skills, problem solving, inquiry, and community service. Students engage in activities that foster a love of learning, and an appreciation for producing quality work through a diligent and creative effort.
Academic Enrichment Program students also learn to welcome ambiguity, seek alternate possibilities in their learning and build competency in Canada’s two official languages – French and English or in Punjabi. Students who have demonstrated a high level of excellence in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies are encouraged to apply for this prestigious learning opportunity.
- Emphasis on Alberta's Core Competencies for successful learning, living and working in the 21st century.
- Links with senior high schools offering Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate.
- Cohort grouping that provides a nurturing environment for like-minded students
- Volunteerism to encourage students to become responsible and caring citizens
- Building leadership capacity within each student
- French and Punjabi language acquisition
- Using an interdisciplinary approach to enhance levels of understanding
- Exciting field trips