Pre-Advanced Placement Program
The Kate Chegwin Pre-Advanced Placement Program offers an internationally respected learning experience providing a rich curriculum focused on higher order thinking skills, problem solving, inquiry, and community service. Students engage in activities that foster a love of learning, and an appreciation for producing quality work through a diligent and creative effort.
Pre-Advanced Placement students also learn to welcome ambiguity, seek alternate possibilities in their learning and build competency in Canada’s two official languages – French and English. Students who have demonstrated a high level of excellence in English Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies are encouraged to apply for this prestigious learning opportunity and can obtain applications at their elementary school or join us on one of our school tours. Please call the office to book into a school tour.
- Links with senior high schools offering Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate.
- Opportunity for enhanced academic growth including more in-depth discussions and study
- Cohort grouping that provides a nurturing environment for like-minded students
- Engaging in creative inquiry to expand breadth of skills
- Volunteerism to encourage students to become responsible and caring citizens
- Building leadership capacity within each student
- French language acquisition
- Using an interdisciplinary approach to enhance levels of understanding
- Exciting field trips
The information below was for our 2019-2020 Registration. It has been left up to inform students and parents what the requirements have typically been for our Pre-Advanced Placement Program. New information will be added early in 2020.
PRE - AP Information Evening - March 5, 2019 - beginning at 6:00 pm
PRE - ADVANCED PLACEMENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Kate Chegwin - PRE-AP Information Night - March 5, 2019 beginning at 6:00 pm
Pre-AP Digital Application Link: Kate Chegwin Pre-AP Online Application Form
Pre-AP Information Letter: Pre AP Letter
To apply to Pre-AP at Kate Chegwin you must complete the following 3 things prior to April 15th, 2019:
- Select "Kate Chegwin School" through SchoolZone
- Complete the Kate Chegwin Pre-AP Online Application Form
- Submit current marks (interim report or most recent report card) to Tara.Hoogewoonink@epsb.ca or drop them off at our main office between 8:15am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday.
CURRENT PRE - ADVANCED PLACEMENT STUDENTS
The current student application form is due no later than March 22nd